Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baking baking baking...

On the weekend i got a surprise pressie from my hubby!! i was SOOO excited! Actually i cant believe i havent blogged about my pressie and excitement already!! I got a Kenwood Chef which i just love! So suffice to say...even though the weather has been SOOO HOT these past few days, lots of baking has been happening in my kitchen.

This is my new baby



This morning i decided to bake some sugar cookies with the girls, i thought they would love to use their cookie cutters and then ice them together!

Here is some of the shapes they did before they were baked



Half way through rolling these cookies out i got a call from my gorgeous sis Donna who said she was dropping by for a visit! When Donna and the girls got here we quickly decorated the few that were baked and then the girls quickly demolished them!!! I will probably bake up the rest of the dough tomorrow and decorate the rest with the girls.

Olivia

Hannah

Caitlyn

Ellie

I thought i might post the sugar cookie recipe in case anyone out there wants to try it! Its a great recipe to use with cookie cutters and then just ice with a royal icing

Sugar Cookies

Ingredients
6 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
250g butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt

Directions
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients a little at a time until it all comes together to form a dough. Chill for 1-2 hours.

Bake for 8-10 mins or until just starting to go gold/brown on the edges.

HAPPY BAKING

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh... lucky you! What a great present.
    I want one... or maybe it's just the cookies I want :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, I'm so jealous! My stand mixer is my mum's hand me down from the 70s!

    I love how you can see the reflection of your legs in your mixer! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool! It was you I met! The office photos came out so beautiful. You are very gifted. Love your new toy and thanks for posting the recipe, i am going to use it cos i have always wondered what sugar cookies were! lol they look great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh btw thats cool about stampin up! If you want a party or workshop give me a holler. Hey you mention you are a paper crafter; do you have pics of any of your stuff on here? I haven't read your whole blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tam! I was hoping no one would notice the reflection of my legs :o)

    Rachy are you running Donnas party? I think i am going to that one? I dont have any pics on here...have been a bit slack with it all lately!! I seem to always have too many projects on the GO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mixer... I have a hand me down from mother in law. It's good but not pretty and shiny, soo jealous! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete